YOUTH SPORTS TRUST AFTER SCHOOL SPORT CLUB
Every weekday at 5pm until the end of term (18 December), we’re running a 30-minute online club for all children and young people to do some sport, develop skills and, most importantly, have fun!
Every day at 5pm from 16 November until 18 December, children and young people can join in with the live broadcast for free on our YouTube channel. Join in the conversation on social using #YSTAfterSchool and tagging @YouthSportTrust across all social media channels. You might need items from around your home for some sessions, but we’ll give some ideas ahead of each club to adapt if you don’t have these items.
The different daily themes are below:
- Adventure Monday – This might involve getting children to do floor, wall climbing and map reading all within their living room
- Tuesday Play – Imaginative play utilising resources in the house to create games and activities to get active
- Wild Wednesday – Some high tempo competitive activities involving personal challenges
- Thinking Thursday – Introducing cognitive challenges for children through movement. Active noughts and crosses and introducing an element of competition – whether that be against themselves, the clock, their siblings or remotely with friends
- Fun Friday – A chance for children to let loose and have some fun. Dancing and doing what makes them feel good.